Plug-in collective offer:
What is Refurbished/B Stock?
- Register any Focusrite hardware before 22nd June 2022 and receive a perpetual licence for the NEON Capsule library.
- Unit may have minimal signs of use/wear
- All accessories are included
- All included Software available upon registration
- 3 Year Warranty Included
- Packaging may show some signs of wear or the unit may have been repackaged in generic packaging
- To read more click here
Clarett OctoPre provides eight specially-designed Clarett mic pres and 24-bit, 192 kHz A-D and D-A conversion that can be used to extend the capabilities of a Clarett interface – or any other interface fitted with ADAT optical inputs and outputs. In addition to the mic pres there are eight channels of D-A conversion providing eight analogue outputs.
The eight mic pres feature automatic mic/line switching inputs and two front-panel instrument inputs. Designed specifically for the Clarett range, they offer plenty of gain, yet low noise and distortion - and great sound quality. They also include a special "Air" feature that switches in an analogue model of the classic transformer-based Focusrite ISA mic pre, switching the impedance of the preamp to that of the original ISA and enabling a 'transformer resonance effect', giving microphone sources the air and clarity of an ISA transformer-based mic pre-recording. In addition, the mic pres have plenty of headroom and are ideal for recording drums and other extreme level sources.
The front panel instrument inputs feature extra headroom to handle high-output pickups, while the rear panel includes universal XLR/jack connectors for the remaining auto-switching mic/line inputs. In addition, each input has its own switched insertion point for single-cable connection of compression, equalisation and other outboard analogue processing - with hard-wired relay bypass, so you can leave outboard gear or a patchbay connected ready to access at the press of a button. The inputs drive eight channels of precision 24-bit Focusrite A-D with 118dB dynamic range and standard sample rates up to 192kHz.
In addition to providing eight mic pres, the Clarett OctoPre offers D-A conversion (from the ADAT inputs, with 119dB dynamic range) of up to eight channels, making it perfect for mixing as well as tracking. The outputs appear on a 25-pin DSUB connector with standard wiring. The line outputs can optionally provide line level output feeds from the mic pres – useful for feeding a live console, for example, while recording the digital outputs. Aside from the insert point, the Clarett OctoPre is balanced end-to-end for maximum noise immunity.
⚠Warning For California Residents
- The ideal Clarett I/O expansion kit:With eight Clarett mic pres, eight line outputs and ADAT interfacing, the Clarett OctoPre is the ideal way of adding inputs and outputs to your Clarett Thunderbolt audio interface – or any other interface with ADAT I/O.
- The sound of transformer mic preamps: The eight specially-designed Clarett mic preamps include a switchable analogue 'Air' effect that imparts the sonic signature of the classic Focusrite ISA mic pre.
- Focusrite precision conversion: 24-bit A-D and D-A conversion at standard sample rates all the way up to 192 kHz, with up to 118dB dynamic range A-D and 119dB dynamic range D-A (A-Weighted) to capture every nuance in recording and mixing. Up to eight channels of A-D and eight channels of D-A (four channels at 176.4/192kHz).
- Eight high-quality analogue outputs: Feed them from the mic pres directly to a mixer in a live environment, simultaneously capturing your audio digitally via twin ADAT outputs. Or drive them from the ADAT inputs, giving you up to eight additional analogue outputs from your DAW.
- Dedicated switched insert points on every channel: Track through your favourite analogue outboard equipment such as compressors, gates and EQ with maximum flexibility via dedicated switched insert points with clip indicators on every channel. Leave inserts permanently connected to your outboard gear or patchbay and switch them in and out as required.
- Mic preamps optimised for tracking drums: Clarett Octopre is designed not to clip, with preamps optimised to handle extreme levels from sound sources like kick drum and snare.
- Two quality instrument inputs: Clarett Octopre's first two channels feature extreme-headroom DI's, ready for you to plug in your guitars and bass, instantly accessible on the front panel and able to take the highest level pickup without distortion.
- Six-segment LED input metering on every channel: Clarett Octopre's fast-acting input meters provide clear reference of input levels, helping you to avoid analogue or digital clipping. Additional pre-insert clip indicators ensure accurate gain staging when using outboard equipment.
- 48V Phantom power on every channel: Switched in two groups (1-4 and 5-8), every channel is capable of supplying phantom power for use with condenser microphones.
- Versatile clocking solutions:Clarett OctoPre provides rock solid, super stable clocking performance with wordclock I/O for synchronisation with other studio equipment.