RedNet D16R MkII is a 16x16 digital interface for Dante networks, with channel level control for individual inputs and outputs.
Want to know more?
Our Trustpilot reviews
Rated #TOTAL_SCORE# out of 5 based on #TOTAL_NUMBER# reviews.
,What's in the box:
- RedNet D16R MkII
- 2x IEC AC mains cables
- 2x IEC Retaining Clips
- Focusrite Pro Important Information Guide
- Focusrite Pro Important Information Guide provides links to:
- RedNet Control
- RedNet PCIe drivers (included with RedNet Control download)
- Audinate Dante Controller (installed with RedNet Control)
Input / Output Trim
- Mac OS X:
- 10.15 macOS Catalina
- 10.16 macOS Big Sur
Input Sample Rate Convertors
- Input Trim: -78 to 0dB in 1dB steps
Output Trim: -78 to 0dB in 1dB steps (per
- Sample Rate Range: 32 to 216 kHz
Gain Error: -0.3dB
Dynamic Range: > 138dB (-60 dBFS
THD + N: < -130dB (0.00003%); 0
Latency: 11 to 45 samples (network and input
sample rate dependent
- Supported Sample Rates: 44.1 / 48 /
88.2 / 96 / 176.4 / 192 kHz (-4% / -0.1% / +0.1% / +4.167%) at 24 bit
Clock Sources: Internal, Word
Clock, DARS, AES3 input 1-2, AES input 9-10 or from Dante Network Master
External Word Clock Range: Nominal
sample rate ±7.5%
Rear Panel Connectivity
- Channel Count: 16 x 16
Input and Output: 2 x DB-25
connectors (AES59 Combined I/O / Tascam Digital)
Alternate Input (optional DARS): 1
x Female XLR (replaces DB-25 channels 1-2)
Alternate Output: 1 x Male XLR
(duplicates DB-25 channels 1-2)
- Channel Count: 2 x 2 S/PDIF
Channels (reduces AES3 input channels)
Input: 1 x RCA phono socket
(replaces DB-25 channels 3-4)
Output: 1 x RCA phono socket
(switchable, duplicates any DB-25 channel pair)
PSU & Network Connections
- Word Clock Input: 1 x BNC 75Ω port (Switchable Termination)
- Word Clock Output: 1 x BNC 75Ω port
Front Panel Indicators
- PSU: 2 x IEC Inputs with retaining
Network: 2 x etherCON NE8FBH-S, also compatible
with standard RJ45 connectors (Accomodates rugged etherCON NE8MC*. Does not
intermate with Cat 6 cable connector NE8MC6-MO and NKE65* cable)
- Primary PSU (A): Green LED. Illuminates
when an AC input is applied and all DC outputs are present.
Secondary PSU (B): Green LED.
Illuminates when an AC input is applied and all DC outputs are present.
Primary Network: Green LED.
Indicates that a network connection is present on primary port when in
redundant mode. When in Switched mode, a valid network connection at either
Primary or Secondary network port will cause this LED to illuminate.
Secondary Network: Green LED.
Indicates that a network connection is present on secondary port when in
redundant mode. Not used in switched mode.
Network Locked: Green LED. When
unit is network slave, shows valid network lock. When unit is network master,
shows lock to indicated clock source. Flashing indicates external clock is
selected but not connected.
Sample Rate: Orange LED for each:
44.1 kHz, 48 kHz, x2, x4.
Pull Up/Down: Orange LED. Indicates
unit is set to operate on a Dante pull up/down domain.
Signal Indicators: 16 Green LEDs, 8
input/8 output indicators. Illuminate @ -126dBFS.
Clock Source: Orange LED for each:
Internal, Word Clock, DARS, Input 1–2 and Input 9–10.
- Redundant: Allows unit to connect
to two independent networks.
Switched: Connects both ports to
integrated network switch allowing daisy-chaining of devices.
- PSU: 2 x Internal, 100-240V, 50/60Hz, consumption 30W
- Operating Temperature: Operates at up to an ambient temperature of 50 degrees Celcius
- 482mm (18.98") width x 282.7mm (11.13") depth x 44mm (1.73") height
- Weight: 4.175kg
Plug-in collective offer:
Included software – eStore:
- Plug-in Collective keeps you up to date with the latest tools, offering you new free downloads every couple of months, along with generous discounts.
Brainworx bx_console Focusrite – exclusive plug-in that faithfully captures the sound, feel and styling of the original Focusrite ISA 110 Equaliser and ISA 130 Dynamics Modules.
RedNet D16R MkII is a 16-channel bi-directional digital interface for Dante networks. The 1U rackmount device features individual input and output channel level controls, allowing for precise calibration and control of all input and output levels using RedNet Control. RedNet D16R MkII features power supply and Ethernet redundancy with auto switchover in case of failure.
Various connection options make RedNet D16R MkII a flexible addition to any Audio-over-IP system. A pair of DB25 multipin connectors each connect eight channels of AES3 I/O into and out of the interface, while XLR and RCA ports enable two-channel AES3 and S/PDIF connections, respectively, to be made. Sample rate conversion on every input enables external equipment to operate at different sample rates, and DARS signals are accepted on the XLR connector. Word Clock I/O on BNC connectors allows synchronisation to house clock, or syncing external equipment to the Dante network.
- 16-channel bi-directional digital interface for Dante networks.
- Individual input and output channel level control using RedNet Control software.
- Dual PSUs with locking IEC inlets.
- Dual locking etherCON connectors for Primary and Secondary network connections.
- Power supply and ethernet redundancy with auto switchover in case of failure.
- Front-panel LED indicators for PSU, network, sample rate, signal present and clock source status.
- Sample rate conversion on all input channels.
- Two DB25 connectors with AES59 standard configuration; each carries eight channels of AES3 I/O.
- RCA connectors for two-channel S/PDIF input and output.
- XLR connections for alternate AES3 I/O and DARS input.
- BNC connectors for Word Clock input and output.
- Compact 1U chassis allows maximum functionality in minimum rack space.
- Full operability with Focusrite RedNet and Red interfaces, plus all Dante devices from hundreds of manufacturers.
- Remote routing and control using RedNet Control and Dante Controller.
Enjoy three years of warranty.
Wherever you happen to be in the world, you can rely on a three year warranty if any Focusrite hardware needs repairing or replacing due to a manufacturing fault. Focusrite will send you replacement gear in the UK and the US, and they'll cover the shipping costs both ways. In the UK, they'll send you a replacement before you return your hardware to them.