Plug-in collective offer:
Stereo Dante headphone amplifier and line output interface with PoE
- Plug-in Collective keeps you up to date with the latest tools, offering you new free downloads every couple of months, along with generous discounts.
RedNet AM2 is a compact Dante-compatible stereo monitoring unit combining headphone and balanced line outputs for monitoring of signals from the Dante network wherever required. RedNet AM2 features a ¼" front-panel TRS headphone socket plus a pair of rear-mounted balanced line outputs with male XLR connectors for loudspeaker monitoring and other applications. RedNet AM2 can be powered via Power over Ethernet (PoE) or via an external DC power supply (included). RedNet AM2 is ideal for adding headphone outputs to a studio-based system as well as offering a solution for education, live sound and broadcast.
High power headphone amp
Designed to drive a wide range of headphones, the headphone amplifier will drive high impedance (up to 600 ohms) headphones at substantial levels, making the unit suitable for use on-stage as well as front-of-house or in a studio environment. The XLR line-level outputs have software-switchable 0dBFS reference levels of +18 or +24dBu.
Superb-quality D/A conversion
RedNet AM2 includes a 2-channel Dante receiver based around Audinate's 'Ultimo' hardware and incorporates high-quality digital to analogue conversion at standard sample rates from 44.1 to 96kHz for stereo network audio monitoring via the line level outputs – for use with loudspeakers for example – or headphones, both outputs offering better than 118dB dynamic range). The unit may be clocked either internally or via the Dante Network Master. Two large volume control knobs are provided for Headphone and Line output levels, the latter featuring a mute button with associated LED.
Other indicators show the presence of power, network and signal. The signal indicator shows red for 0dBFS, orange at -6dBFS and green at -42dBFS on either channel, while the network indicator illuminates when a valid network connection is present on either Port 1 or 2.
Power over Ethernet or external PSU
The two locking etherCON connectors are connected to an integrated Gigabit network switch, allowing connection to the network and to and to daisy-chain to additional network devices such as a laptop running Dante Virtual Soundcard. RedNet AM2 is powered via Power over Ethernet (PoE) or via a rear-panel barrel connector and included 12V DC power supply. The power LED indicates green when powered via PoE and red when the external power supply is in use.
The compact unit, mounted in an enclosure based around a sturdy road-worthy aluminium extrusion, is fitted with non-slip feet, and can either sit securely on a flat surface or be mounted on top of a mic stand using the standard 3/8" BSW threaded bush incorporated in the base.
Full Dante interoperability
Like the entire RedNet product range, RedNet AM2 interoperates seamlessly and fully with any other Dante audio-over-IP network components and infrastructure. Patching and interconnection can be managed with Dante Controller on Mac or PC.
⚠Warning For California Residents
- Monitor-quality precision digital conversion for Dante networks
- Power to drive even high impedance headphones at significant levels – ideal for drums or other on-stage applications
- Independent headphone and line out level controls
- Integrated mute switch – instantly kill the signal feeding external power amps or speakers
- Power over Ethernet (PoE) or via included power supply
- Integrated Gigabit Ethernet switch allows connection of additional network device
- Mic stand mount – bush on the base of the metal case allows simple mounting
- Dual XLR line level outputs
- ¼" TRS headphone output
- 2x etherCON network connectors with integrated network switch
- Signal present, network connected and power indicators