RedNet A8R provides eight channels of analogue input and output with high quality 24-bit, 192kHz A/D and D/A digital conversion with up to 119dB dynamic range, plus two channels of AES/EBU digital I/O, to and from the Dante network. Presented in a rugged, 1U all-metal enclosure uniform with other products in the RedNet range, RedNet A8R is appropriate for fixed installation in engineered audio and communications systems.
RedNet A8R offers conversion that is remotely software-selectable at standard rates – 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4 and 192kHz at 24-bit resolution, with pull-up/down capability. Electronically-balanced analogue inputs and outputs are on DB25 connectors wired to AES59 specifications, and internal signals are balanced throughout. Inputs may be remotely configured for either +18 or +24 dBFS signal levels.
In addition, two channels of AES/EBU I/O with input sample rate conversion are provided on XLR connectors. The clock source for the unit may be internal, or externalvia Word Clock or DARS (via the XLR input). RedNet A8R also outputs Word Clock, with Word Clock in and out on BNC connectors.
Sampling rate and operating levels are selected remotely from RedNet Control software. Comprehensive front-panel LEDs include PSU and network status, sample rate and per-channel tri-colour (red-amber-green) signal level indication. Green 'signal present' indicators are provided for the AES/EBU I/O, and three Clock Source indicators show Internal, Word Clock and DARS.
RedNet A8R features power and network redundancy, with two separate universal (100–240V) PSUs including IEC connectors with retaining clips, plus dual network interfaces on locking etherCON connectors, which can be set remotely to Redundant or Switched (daisy-chain) mode.
RedNet A8R features soft-startup on power-up and auto-muting during sample rate alteration, to avoid audible clicks and pops.
RedNet A8R is CE marked, UL/C-UL listed, and incorporates AES48-2005 Grounding and EMC practices. The platform complies with EU Directive 2002/95/IEC, the RoHS Directive.
- Eight channels of high-quality line-level analogue I/O
- 24-bit precision Focusrite conversion up to 192kHz
- 119dB dynamic range, flat from 20Hz – 20kHz, +/-0.15dB
- Internally balanced throughout
- Dante-based remote-controlled audio-over-IP connectivity
- Dual power supplies and network connections with full power and network redundancy including locking connectors for maximum reliability
- Word Clock I/O and DARS for increased flexibility plus an additional two channels of AES/EBU I/O
- Analogue I/O to AES59 standard on DB25 connectors
- Comprehensive front-panel indicators
- Software-based routing and control – no hardware patching required