- Create studio quality vocals, powerful guitars, luscious keys and huge drums, then mix and master with iconic Focusrite studio hardware – all in the box. Hitmaker Expansion is built to give you all the plug-ins you need to write, produce, mix and master your music in studio quality, featuring exclusive content from legendary Auto-Tune® creators Antares®, along with Brainworx®, Softube®, Landr, XLN Audio®, Relab and more.
Red 8Line has a total of 58 inputs and 64 outputs, including two Red Evolution mic pres, independent L/R monitor outs, eight balanced line inputs and outputs on DB25 connectors; 32 channels of Dante I/O; 16-channel ADAT input and output (at 48kHz), and stereo S/PDIF input and output. As with other Red interfaces, it features professional-grade 24-bit/192kHz A-D and D-A conversion for no-compromise, mastering-quality recording and audio playback. With 119dB dynamic range A-D and 121dB dynamic range D-A (A-Weighted), the converters have been expertly selected and calibrated by Focusrite to provide the best balance of sound quality, dynamic range and conversion latency.
The two digitally-controlled Red Evolution mic preamps are the product of decades of Focusrite's impeccable attention to detail in designing audio hardware. Each preamp provides up to 63dB of ultra-clean gain, with individual phantom power, high-pass filter and phase reverse, and an option to stereo-link the two channels. The switchable Air mode mimics the sonic profile of the famous Focusrite ISA 110 input module, and breathes life into any signal it touches.
The Focusrite Red Range is the best choice for professionals who work in Pro Tools | HD and other DAWs — on both Mac and PC. With both mini-DigiLink and Thunderbolt 3 connections, it's possible to instantly switch between Pro Tools | HD and other DAWs without the need to reconfigure your audio settings. Simply change the host mode either in RedNet Control software, or using the front panel, to change DAWs in seconds. This ability to quickly switch between production environments means you'll never lose that moment of inspiration, or leave your clients waiting.
Red 8Line features the latest implementation of Thunderbolt 3, with Focusrite's session-proven, ultra-low-latency, rock-solid Thunderbolt drivers. This speed provides the flexibility to use DAW plug-ins in real time, so you can harness the processing power of your DAW to track through plug-ins and record virtual instruments. With two Thunderbolt 3 ports as standard, it's also possible to daisy-chain Thunderbolt devices, such as third-party plug-in accelerators, hard drives, external 4K displays, processing units and Thunderbolt hubs.
In addition to Thunderbolt 3 and Pro Tools HD connectivity, the on-board Dante connection enables Red 8Line to communicate with industry-standard Audio-over-IP equipment from hundreds of manufacturers. Dante makes it easy to expand your system, embrace new ways of working, and discover rapid system expansion using Focusrite RedNet interfaces or devices from third parties such as Neve, Yamaha and DigiCo.
Red 8Line has built-in monitor control for mono, stereo and multi-channel monitoring environments up to 7.1. Compatibility with the new Focusrite RedNet R1 desktop remote controller allows even greater flexibility, and customised presents for immersive monitoring environments including Dolby Atmos®.
Other features of the Red 8Line include precision metering and display: the interface has three LCD displays for highly-accurate level metering for any input or output block, as well as main monitor and headphone outputs. Two discrete high-fidelity headphone outputs are powerful enough to deliver loud and clear audio on high-impedance headphones, and are controlled from the interface front panel. Dual instrument inputs on the front panel ensure you always have immediate access to quickly plug in a guitar, for example, even when racked.
The RedNet Control 2 is a software mixer with a hardware-focussed workflow, which is designed to allow quick setup of both simple and complex monitoring and routing configurations, together with controlling Red Evolution preamps remotely. This allows tighter integration with RedNet equipment over Dante.
Lastly, Red 8Line comes with a bundle of software that celebrates Focusrite's legacy and brings the classic Focusrite sound to your DAW. Brainworx bx_console Focusrite SC is a plug-in for Mac and PC the faithfully captures the sound, feel and styling of the original Focusrite Studio Console. Red 2 and Red 3 EQ and Compression plug-ins are AAX/AU/VST-compatible recreations of the original and much-loved Red Range analogue hardware, which is still relied on heavily in professional studios today.
- Extremely high-quality audio conversion - High-performance 24-bit/192kHz A-D and D-A conversion with 119dB dynamic range A-D and 121dB dynamic range D-A (A-Weighted).
- Seamless multi-platform workflow - Switch between different DAWs in seconds, using the front panel or control software.
- Two Red Evolution remote-controllable mic preamps - Provide up to 63dB of ultra-clean gain, with phantom power, high-pass filter, phase reverse and Air mode.
- Latest implementation of Thunderbolt 3 - Ultra-low-latency drivers for Mac and PC provide the flexibility to use DAW plug-ins in real-time. Dual Thunderbolt ports enable daisy-chaining of devices.
- Pro Tools | HD connectivity as standard - Twin mini-DigiLink ports provide connectivity directly to Pro Tools | HD cards, with no need for device expansion.
- Dante connectivity as standard - Dual Dante ports enable connection to the industry standard Audio-over-IP protocol, for easy expansion and interoperability with other digital devices.
- Dedicated L/R monitor outputs and comprehensive control - Monitor control supports mono, stereo and multi-channel monitoring environments up to 7.1.2.
- Extensive analogue I/O - Eight line inputs and outputs on DB25; independent L/R monitor outputs; independent Red Evolution mic preamps, plus two stereo headphones outputs.
- Precision metering and display - Three LCDs provide highly accurate level metering for any input or output block, as well as for main monitor and headphone outputs.
- Complete software/hardware control environment - RedNet Control allows quick setup of complex monitoring and routing configurations, and control of the preamps remotely.
- Dual headphone outputs - High-fidelity headphone outputs are powerful enough to deliver loud audio on high-impedance headphones.
- Dual front-panel instrument inputs - Front-panel connections ensure immediate access to instrument inputs, even when racked.
- Windows 10 compatibility - Windows Thunderbolt drivers make Red 8Line compatible with PC-based audio systems.
- Focusrite software bundle - Includes the Brainworx bx_console Focusrite SC channel strip from the original Focusrite Studio Console, plus Red 2 and Red 3 EQ and Compression plug-ins, which accurately reproduce the sonic qualities of the original Red hardware. Also included is membership to the Focusrite Plug-in Collective.
Enjoy three years of warranty.
Wherever you happen to be in the world, you can rely on a three year warranty if any Focusrite hardware needs repairing or replacing due to a manufacturing fault. Focusrite will send you replacement gear in the UK and the US, and they'll cover the shipping costs both ways. In the UK, they'll send you a replacement before you return your hardware to them.